Porsche Cars Australia (PCA) is pleased to announce the 2021 Porsche Paynter Dixon Esports Carrera Cup Australia presented by ORDER. Last year PCA hosted a six round virtual Championship on the iRacing platform for their drivers from both Carrera Cup Australia and Porsche Michelin Sprint Challenge Series, together with special guest appearances from past Champions.
For 2021, PCA have partnered with Australian Esports company, ORDER and Oceanic Sim Racing (OSR), offering drivers from the Australian Esports community the opportunity to compete in the first open qualification sim-racing event by Porsche Cars Australia and be crowned the first Porsche Esports Australia Champion.
Over three days, Pre-qualifying sessions will see sim-racers set their best times around the iconic Mount Panorama, Bathurst circuit, with the top 50 drivers proceeding to the final race day.
The main event race day will start with a Last Chance Qualifier race to finalise the top 30 drivers for the Grand Final, from which one winner will become the inaugural Porsche Esports Australia Champion.
The overall winner will be a guest of Porsche at Round 1 of the Porsche Paynter Dixon Carrera Cup Australia season in 2022. Both the Last Chance Qualifier and Grand Final races will be broadcast live on @PorscheMotrsportAU Youtube channel and Facebook page.
- In order to compete in the Porsche Paynter Dixon Esports Carrera Cup event, you must have a current, active, iRacing account, in your legal name. (No secondary or pseudonym named accounts will be accepted)
- You must be a resident of, and be residing in and racing from, Australian states or territories only for the event.
To be able to compete in the championship each driver will require the following equipment and licenses in-order to compete including:
- All entrants must have an account and ID number with iRacing at the competitor's cost. www.iracing.com
- An appropriate simulator and the competitor's cost that is compatible with iRacing including an appropriate Personal Computer.
- You must hold a road D 4.0 or above iRacing licence at the time of prequal or the race. iRacing Pro licence holders are not eligible to enter.
- You must own the Mt Panorama circuit. And use the Legacy 911 cup car (Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 991.2)
- There is no entry fee to register for the event.
Calendar & Event Conditions
The Porsche Paynter Dixon Esports Carrera Cup Australia dates:
|TBC||Pre-Qualifying Day 1|
|TBC||Pre-Qualifying Day 2|
|TBC||Pre-Qualifying Day 3||P1-20 drivers qualify for Grand Final, P21-50 drivers proceed to Last Chance Qualifier|
|TBC||Last Chance Qualifier Race||15 lap race, 30 drivers, P1-10 qualify for Grand Final|
|TBC||Grand Final||25 lap race, 30 drivers, 1 champion|
- All races held at the Mount Panorama Bathurst circuit
Sign up via the iRacing forums by clicking below
Sign ups will open at <TBC>