1. The following trademarks including the distinctive shapes of all Porsche models and model numbers are the exclusive property of Porsche AG: PORSCHE – PORSCHE CREST – PORSCHE DESIGN – CARRERA – TARGA – TIPTRONIC – PORSCHE SPEEDSTER – MACAN – VARIORAM – CVTIP – VARIOCAM – BOXSTER – CAYENNE – CAYMAN – PANAMERA – TEQUIPMENT – VARRERA – PCM – RS – 4S – PAN AMERICANA – TECHNORAD – PORSCHE BIKE S – PORSCHE BIKE FS – P AND DESIGN – 911 – SPYDER – 356 – 959, THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE.
2. This Site and its contents are subject to copyright. While you may view the Site and print or download a copy for your personal non-commercial use, all other use, copying distribution or display of all or part of this Site is prohibited. You must not otherwise use this Site or its contents without the prior written consent of Porsche.
3. Please be advised that Porsche will vigorously prosecute any unauthorised use.
4. This Site uses DoubleClick and Google Analytics, being internet advertising and analytics services provided by Google, Inc. (Google). Google uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyse how users use the Site.
5. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Site (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in Australia. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Site, compiling reports on Site activity for Site operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
6. PCA may share the Google data with our third party service providers and Official Porsche Centres (OPC) and the data may be used to optimise sales, marketing or advertising initiatives relating to products, events and services. Every time you visit our website, or the website of OPC, certain customised information and advertising may be delivered to you based on the data stored in the cookies.
9. This Site contains information that is intended as general in nature and may be incomplete or inaccurate. Consequently, no reliance should be placed on any information. As absolute accuracy cannot be assured, Porsche recommends you check all information with an OPC. Subject to the provisions of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar legislation which cannot be excluded or limited by Porsche, access to this Site is provided without Porsche making or providing any express or implied representation, warranty or condition.
10. The Site may contain links to other websites maintained by other organisations. Porsche does not endorse any material on those websites, nor is it responsible for their privacy practices.
11. Except for obligations implied by law that cannot be excluded, you agree that Porsche shall not be liable to you for any loss, damage, cost or expense (including without limitation consequential loss or damage, lost profits, loss of data, loss of use, damage to goodwill and loss due to delay) however caused (including negligence) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise from or in connection with your use of this Site.
12. Some of the product information, illustrations and images featured on this Site are European and reflect each vehicle’s performance and features under European conditions. Any such information, illustrations and images are indicative and for guidance only. Please consult an OPC for current information.
13. Porsche may vary these terms at any time and they become effective on posting. By continuing to use this Site you agree to be bound by any variations.
14. These terms are governed by the laws of Victoria and, where applicable, Australian federal law. You irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria, Australia.
Porsche Cars Australia Pty Ltd ACN 004 327 048 (PCA) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in the Privacy Act.
Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, that identifies an individual.
2. Collection of personal information
PCA will not collect personal information about you unless that information is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. PCA will collect personal information only by fair and lawful means, including from third parties, websites, social media channels, email or personal meetings with you. The personal or sensitive information we may collect includes your:
– contact and personal details (eg: your phone number, driver’s licence, credit card and home/email address);
– current and past interactions with us, as well as your personal preferences, vehicle, warranty and service details.
When PCA collects personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as:
– the purposes for which we are collecting the information;
– the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind;
– the fact that you are usually able to access the information; and
– the identity of our organisation and how to contact us.
PCA will collect information directly from you where it is reasonable and practicable to do so.
In many cases, it will not be practicable for PCA to collect your personal information directly from you because you will be dealing with OPC that are operated by third parties and not by PCA. Where PCA collects personal information about you from third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the details set out above.
In general, there is no law which specifically requires us to collect particular information from you. In general, if all or part of the information is not collected by us we will not be able to provide you with the relevant product, service or information.
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
If PCA uses or discloses your personal information for a purpose (secondary purpose) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (primary purpose) to the extent required by the Privacy Act we will ensure that:
– the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection, and you would reasonably expect that PCA would use or disclose your personal information in that way; or
– you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
– the use or disclosure is required or authorised by an enforcement authority or under law.
PCA collects, uses and discloses your personal information in relation to the sale or marketing of automotive events or products to you and the financing, servicing or repair of those products. Specific activities PCA undertakes include sending you order confirmation and welcome kits, administering warranty claims, conducting market research, sending you information about Porsche model launches or Porsche Lifestyle events, and other related activities.
PCA may disclose your personal information as permitted by law or to third parties (e.g. external contractors such as mailing houses and advertising agencies, or related companies of PCA in Australia and in other countries or to an OPC) for the purpose of fulfilling one or more of the above purposes. PCA requires external contractors to comply with PCA’s requirements in relation to confidentiality and privacy.
4. Data quality and security
To the extent required by the Privacy Act, PCA will take reasonable steps to:
– make sure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
– store the personal information that we hold to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
– destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Act.
PCA assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices of other organisations or websites (for example, those of OPC and/or third parties selling Porsche vehicles) even if a user is able to access those websites through the PCA website. PCA encourages users to review the privacy policies of any website before disclosing personal information.
PCA websites use DoubleClick and Google Analytics, being internet advertising and analytics services provided by Google, Inc. (Google). Google uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help analyse how users use our site.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your anonymous IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
PCA may share the Google data with our third party service providers and our OPCs and the data may be used to optimise marketing or advertising initiatives. Every time you visit our websites, or the website of our OPC, certain customised information and advertising may be delivered to you based on the data stored in the cookies.
By accepting the terms of this Policy and using this website, you expressly consent to:
– the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information for each of the purposes and to all parties referred to in this Policy; and
6. Openness and accountability
7. Access and correction of your personal information
Please contact PCA if you would like to exercise your right to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. PCA will generally provide you with access to your personal information (although an administration fee may be imposed). PCA will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
In some circumstances, PCA may not permit access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information (in which case we will provide you with reasons for this decision).
8. Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
If PCA transfers your personal information to other organisations outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to transborder data flows.
PCA may disclose your personal information to related bodies corporate of PCA outside of Australia, including those located in Germany, Asia and the USA. Those related bodies corporate of PCA will handle your personal information for the purposes set out in section 3 of this policy.
9. Contact and further information
Please contact us if you have any queries about the personal information that PCA holds about you or the way we handle that personal information, including if you wish to opt out from receiving any communications from us. Our contact details for privacy queries are set out below:
Contact: Porsche Cars Australia | Motorsport
Telephone: 1800 711 911
Postal address: 109-111 Victoria Parade, East Melbourne VIC 8002
Email address: email@example.com
Further information about the Privacy Act and APPs can be found at the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
10. Concerns or Complaints
Please contact us using the above details if you have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by PCA. If you raise a concern or complaint about privacy, we will try and investigate it and respond to you within 30 days. If you are unhappy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner on (1300) 363 992 or visit www.oaic.gov.au.
© 2017 Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG and Porsche Cars Australia Pty Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Policy last updated: July 2017